[Olpc-open] A Wikipedia for Children.

Sven AERTS svenaerts228 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:43:47 EDT 2016

Is this something? http://schools-wikipedia.org/
"
Wikipedia for Schools is a selection taken from the original
English-language Wikipedia by the child sponsorship charity *SOS Children*
<http://schools-wikipedia.org/wp/s/Soschildrensvillages.htm>. It was
created as a *checked and child-friendly teaching resource*
<http://schools-wikipedia.org/wp/w/Wikipedia_For_Schools.htm> for use in
schools in the developing world and beyond. Sources and authors can be
found at www.wikipedia.org. See also our *Disclaimer*
<http://schools-wikipedia.org/disclaimer.htm>.
"

It is on the XS = schoolserver of the OLPC deployments - often nation wide
- in ... Polinesia with islands like Tahiti, or the "nearby" island nation
of Kosrae - just a 1000 km swim away. Could be a bit more or less, but who
cares? ;) More: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_FSM

Update: I'm now part of the #ErasmusPlusCaribbean team.  We received some
money from the EU Directorate General to go explain the Erasmus+ program in
the EU Overseas Countries and Territories we still have in the Caribbean. 8
of our 28 EU member states have indeed a colonial past.  Seems it starts to
haunt all 28 of us these times in more than 1 way ... .
Maybe the United Nations 2011–2020 Third (!) International Decade for the
Eradication of #Colonialism is an occasion to clear up some things. ;)

More:
https://sites.google.com/site/leadershipinstitutedementorat/colonialism-reparation

Greetings,

skype SvenAERTS - Brussels olpc community​
 OLPC Sven AERTS EuErasmusPlusCaribbean OCTA EIB...
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GGhIdn46nqBpOXoU270JEP5x20bjtboBxQ/view?usp=drive_web>
​