[Olpc-open] Announce Vikidia: the Wikipedia for children, now available in english

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 12:50:55 EST 2014

We need a Spanish-language version for Perú, Uruguay, and elsewhere.

It could start with the Wikipedia page written by the children of
Palestina, Perú, and the documentary about it.
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestina_%28Per%C3%BA%29 I contributed
information on the documentary to the English version. There are also
French, Estonian, and Macedonian translations, which I was pleased to
see all included the section on the
Documentary/Documentaire/Dokumentaalfilm/Документарец, including the
links I provided.

It all comes under Doug Engelbart's notion of Augmenting Human
Intelligence through tools that multiply the effect of thought many
times over.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Bastien <bzg at laptop.org> wrote:
> Vikidia, the Wikipedia for/by children opens in english today.
>
> Details here:
> http://olpc-france.org/blog/2014/02/a-counterpart-of-wikipedia-for-children-vikidia-to-open-in-english/
>
> And the website here:
> http://en.vikidia.org
>
> Vikidia's founder and contributors (children) will be and talk
> about the project at the SugarCamp meeting in Paris -- come and
> meet them!
>
> http://www.amiando.com/sugarcamp3.html
>
> --
>  Bastien

Edward Mokurai (默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج) Cherlin