[Olpc-open] In-person, online or both? | OLPC San Francisco

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Aug 29 22:51:26 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> How will you participate in the upcoming OLPC San Francisco Community Summit
> 2014? Let us know, so we can plan accordingly.
>
> http://www.olpcsf.org/node/212
>
> Cheers,
> Sameer

I got a few queries on how we were planning to run the event online.
We are working on setting up an instance of Summit Scheduler. This
platform is used by Ubuntu to run their online summits for each
release. You can see an instance of Summit Scheduler in action for
their summits at http://summit.ubuntu.com/

Summit Scheduler relies on Google Hangouts for organizing the live
sessions. The session presenters use a Google Hangout setup. The
attendees use a Youtube live stream to watch and IRC to ask
questions/participate. Once done, the sessions will be available on
Youtube later. Mike Lee has agreed to be the "Director" of the Google
Hangouts process with tips and tricks on how best to run these
sessions. The submission of proposals, organization of the calendar,
timing etc. is all done by the Summit Scheduler. Aaron Borden is
working on setting up a version of the Summit Scheduler with our own
branding/colors etc.

The code and instructions for Summit Scheduler can be found at
http://summit.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Do let me know if you have any other questions.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.