[Olpc-open] Interested in Getting Involved

Gauthamraj Elango vallavan2valluvan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 00:03:48 EST 2013

Hello all ,

I am Gauthamraj from India , I am an open source enthusiast and community
driven project lover. I am long time contributor with Mozilla especially in
Mozilla's webmaker project [1] . I think webmaker project is one of the
main reasons why I am here on this list because webmaker project aims to
#teach the web to the people with the mission of " Making consumers into
Web Makers "[2] .

I have done and doing quite a lot of event for webmaker especially with
kids from rural areas where it is hard to find computer and internet. . I
mentored a girl of 13 years whose project was selected as hall of fame in
2012 in Mozilla Webmaker project and one of Mozilla employee wrote a
blogpost about my work [3] .

As I don't get access to computer and internet during events with kids I
myself figured out the way to teach the idea about computer and internet
just with physical activities . Here is the blog post about the same [4] .

I came across olpc recently and very much  impressed with it's goals and it
seems to be perfectly aligned with my dream of " Making everyone computer
and web literate " using open source software .

So , kindly let me know how I can get involved and do good for olpc
community and to my kids in my community .

Thanks in advance  ,

Best ,

Gauthamraj

*LINKS *: