[Olpc-open] Project idea: library in a (tiny) box

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Wed Mar 6 13:38:13 EST 2013

Hey all,
Most of you probably are aware of the Sugar Network project.
We are actively working on it and it involves similar workflows, plus
getting feedback from the users and distributing updated software. One
concern we have is that we would like the flow of information and
knowledge to happen not only from a central repository but also from the
periphery inwards. In a country like Perú, where our group is located,
with something like 60 native languages, this is vital.
The core of the Sugar Network is a descentralized server and client that
handle the sneaker net logic for asynchronic collaboration around a
content, projects and sofware repository [1]. It provides an API and
multiple front-ends.
This is the work of Aleksey Lim.
Please include me and Laura Vargas (added to cc) in discussions about
this topic, so that we may join efforts.
We are the designers/developers of the first front-end [1], designed
younger users. We are also the ones who presented the requirements for
Sugar Network as a Challenge for Sugar Camp Lima 2011 when this work
started, to support the efforts of the local deployment support groups.

Warm regards,
Sebastian

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Network