[Olpc-open] Early Childhood Content

Stephen B. Jencks sbjencks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 02:56:32 EDT 2013

Dear folks,

I'd like to bring to your attention our initiative in creating learning
apps and digital content for the Bangla speaking world ( www.caffebd.org
).  We are running a school for illiterate kids in Dhaka that helps us
test different content for laptops and touch screen devices.  At the
same time we are building software that reflects what have learned.
We've released a dozen apps in Bangla, a math app in Bangla and English
and have a couple of dozen miore in the pipeline.  Android is the OS of
choice as iPhones, Macs and iPads are far too expensive for the our
target group.

To help with our effort we received a grant to scale up our development
team.  We are also in the midst of a fund raising drive to help us move
to a bigger space.  Anything we do and learn will be available and
shared at no cost to other nonprofit organizations.

Stephen Jencks
Head of Development
caffebd.org
01732506414