[Olpc-open] IN 2 WKS: OLPC/Sugar Doc Sprint Apr 6-10 in Boston

Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Mar 23 07:47:30 EDT 2012

Thanks to the dozen great writers/communicators who've RSVP'd and
committed to attend!   I've posted all your flight dates here:

     http://j.mp/xomanual#People

Fantastic News -- 3 absolutely stellar volunteers have stepped forward
keeping us all on track:

  1) Before the sprint, Mark Battley (Kenya, Tanzania) will be hacking
Sugar video tutorials, and then showing us all how -- with his amazing
new Sugar-on-a-Stick equipment & rig that stands to empower all, to make
their own Khan Academy / Lynda.com-like personal Sugar tutorials (very
compelling shorts vids) around FotoToon, Scratch, Etc.

  2) During the Apr 6-10 sprint itself, like he did incredibly in Sept
2008, Seth Woodworth will do his very best act as Editor helping all
keep focus on our actual http://laptop.org/manual and Help Activity, no
matter how long or short your own chapter!  Most Crucially, Seth can
provide us stylistic guidelines (text & screenshots) as well as package
it up in a browser as best he can, cognizant of our always-evolving doc
dreams, eg:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2012-March/thread.html#15062 and
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2012-March/thread.html#15130 .
Plz all go out of your way to support Seth, offering to volunteer for
this absolutely priceless endeavor!!

  3) An action-packed social calendar is coming together thanks to Laura
de Reynal, so you can get to know Boston in the evenings, kicking back
with new Sugar/OLPC volunteers bringing exciting new from far reaches of
the planet, /never forgetting why we're all here :)/

THANK YOU All for attending, _working your asses off on your favorite
chapter most important,_ remembering to RSVP (holt at laptop.org) so I can
confirm OLPC HQ's small office in fact has room for you!  And until we
meet in exactly 2 weeks, keep your eyes on our wiki and evolving plans here:

     http://j.mp/xomanual  (click EDIT on top, whatever your chapter
plans, fill us in!)
*
Virtual Romance Ain't :) * Book Sprints depend on the in-person dynamic
around 1 single table.  Still, if in-person attendance is abolutely
impossible, please talk to Caryl Bigenho on our public
list<mailto:library at lists.laptop.org> *library at lists.laptop.org*
a particular chapter, but cannot attend in person, thanks!! EG. We're
thrilled OLPC Australia's Education Manager Tracy Richardson hopes to
contribute remotely.*
*

*Accommodations Are:* Everyone's responsible for their OWN housing in
Boston, but if you're completely stuck call me and I just MIGHT be able
to help!!

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !