[Olpc-open] Request for laptop and volunteer support

queenie hui orange.queenie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:26:25 EDT 2012

Management of One Laptop Per Child

Re: Collaboration on a social entrepreneurial project

Dear Sir/Madam

We are Intel4kids from Tunku Abdul Rahman College, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
We are now conducting a social entrepreneurial project entitled Empower
Primary School Student Education. The mission of the project is to improve
the learning facilities of primary schools in Malaysia in supporting the
academic success of school children.

Malaysia is located in Southeast
Asia<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeast_Asia>.
It consists of thirteen states and three federal
territories<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_and_federal_territories_of_Malaysia>
(Wikipedia
2012). In Malaysia, compulsory primary education starts at the age of seven
and lasts for a duration of six years. The number of primary schools in
Malaysia is 7,723 as at 31 January 2012.

Recently, we have conducted a brief research on the facilities of Malaysia
primary schools which located at rural areas and the number of students is
below 300. The results showed that out of the sample of 100 schools, there
are 63% of schools do not have a computer laboratory, and 50% of them do
not have internet access. This result shows that in Malaysia there are
still many students are learning without a computer and internet access.

We would like to explore on the opportunity to collaborate with your
organization in helping the schools with poor learning facilities in
supporting the academic success of school children from the age of seven to
twelve in Malaysia.

The purpose of our group is to raise fund to help the primary school in
rural area of Malaysia

Our 3 MISSIONS are:~
1.) install computer lab
2.) build up internet connection
3.) provide free laptop with relevant learning courseware

In the era of technology, without tools like computer or internet is quite
hard for children to follow the steps of the evolving world.

Your favourable reply is highly appreciated. Please do not hesitate to
email me atorange.queenie at gmail.com or you may check out our Facebook page
at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Intel4Kids/320269641388723 for further
details on the project.

Thank you.

Yours truly,

       Hui

Queenie Puah Ke Hui

Team Leader of Intel4kids

Year 1 Advanced Diploma in Multimedia Design Course