[Olpc-open] RES: Defining success

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Sun Jan 29 04:54:02 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 10:43:32PM -0800, Sameer Verma wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Marta Voelcker

> In fact, in schools where the government has stopped caring or
> assessing, the teachers actually have more leeway to bring in
> alternative methods of learning.
>
> After six months of trying, I have yet to figure out how my six year
> old daughter and her classmates can get something like Lego or XO or
> Sugar into their classroom. This is one of the best funded public
> schools in San Francisco. Their library has shiny new Windows 7
> computers that sit idle :-(

Have you tried to bring a bootable USB or CD to those machines? Do you think
there would be any obstacle to try it?

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|

Persistence in one opinion has never been considered a merit in political
leaders.
		-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, "Ad familiares", 1st century BC