[Olpc-open] How can we donate an app?

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Fri Dec 7 02:21:40 EST 2012

--- On Thu, 12/6/12, Ksenia Choate <kseniachoate at gmail.com> wrote:
From: Ksenia Choate <kseniachoate at gmail.com>Subject: [Olpc-open] How can we donate an app?To: olpc-open at lists.laptop.orgDate: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 5:36 PM
I am an illustrator for a new interactive educational children's book series. We would like to donate our first book (as well as subsequent books as they become released) to OLPC. Does anyone know whom I could contact to ask if this is something OLPC might be interested in?
Thank you!
Hi,
I'm not sure what format you can or will like to donate. OLPC XO's have a activity to read PDF files. This would enable you to provide B/W or Color PDFs of an illustrated book. The prefered license for OLPC is a Copyleft license: GPL, Creative Commons or similar as it allows OLPC and its students to use the book in their other works.
If you want to make it interactive, one option is using ETOYS to create it. The OLPC browser also supports HTML5. Some XO have FLASH but this is more problematic for OLPC as it is proprietary and many of the XO-1, XO-1.75 and XO-4 units may not be able to use this. If you want to create a Python-based interactive book activity for your book(s), that would be an excellent way to promote your and others books on the XO.  Sugar Labs may be the best source to help with that.-kev