[Olpc-open] [Grassroots-l] OLPC in Tunisia?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:48:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 15:48, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> Anything happening in Tunisia? One of my students (who is from
> Tunisia) wants to know.

A Google search shows that the Ministry of Education expressed
interest in 2007, at the time of the World Summit on the Information
Society in Tunisia, and nothing since.

So the question is whether your student has the skills and temperament
to start OLPC Tunisia. What do Tunisians think about it? What NGOs are
active in Tunisia? Where is Tunisia now on ICT, education,
development, civil society, whatever is relevant?

But i have to ask, why couldn't your student find the answer to the
original question? I know you teach research skills. Is there some
disconnect?

http://www.earthtreasury.org/