[Olpc-open] stepping down from squeakland

Timothy Falconer teefal at squeakland.org
Thu Apr 22 15:21:35 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

After much soul searching, I've decided to step down as director of Squeakland Foundation.

Since the earthquake in Haiti, my time has largely been spent on our Waveplace education pilots there, which have been very successful and are growing fast.  Last night I decided that I need to stay focused on Haiti and our other Waveplace work, that I no longer have time for the additional responsibilities of Squeakland.   I leave you in the very capable hands of Rita Freudenberg and whomever the new board decides.

I still love Etoys, and will continue to teach it and promote it, though this will now be through Waveplace, not Squeakland. What has been called the "Squeakland Courseware" will now become the "Waveplace Courseware".   Same stuff, different website. I will continue to fundraise for courseware development, this will be through Waveplace now.  All materials will remain freely distributable.

Immuexa, my software company, will continue to host and support the Squeakland website and showcase for free.   Squeakland will now be our client, as Viewpoints was before.

My very best to the many people I have meet in the last fifteen months.   Thank you for your passion, your time, your talent.   What a gift to work with such incredible people!

Take care,
Tim

--
Timothy Falconer