[Olpc-open] Cambodia

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:01:29 EDT 2009

You can probably buy five XOs on eBay. OLPC is not set up to provide
fewer than 10,000 at a time.

However, you should also contact local OLPC organizations and schools,
and those working with them. Here are a few links to get you started.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Cambodia
http://cariaso.livejournal.com/37792.html
http://www.olpcnews.com/implementation/schools/scenes_from_learning_fields.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/olpc/3011090546/
http://www.khmeros.info/

I was for a time the localization administrator for Cambodian Khmer.

Could you please not use your Merrill Lynch business warning on
private mails? It's a bit much for this kind of discussion.

But since you are with Merrill Lynch, would you have any interest in
helping with a microfinance project to help OLPC communities get into
IT businesses and e-commerce? The idea is to use new business
opportunities to fund infrastructure development, starting with
Internet and renewable electricity in villages. If you are interested
I can send you much more information on how to end poverty at a
profit.

And Children are my nation.