[Olpc-open] Merging LinkedIn OLPC groups

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jan 16 06:09:46 EST 2009

Hi folks,

I just noticed there exist several OLPC groups at LinkedIn. My guess
is these were created unintentionally. There are already people
joining the "wrong" one by accident, which diminishes the overall
network effect.

The largest group is:

One Laptop Per Child
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=41936
Owner: Steven Reinemund | 399 members

I guess the problem is that this group does not mention "OLPC" hence
is not found in searches for this term.

I don't know how to have the others merged with the group above. But
everyone can flag any group as "duplicate". I suggest we all do this
for the smaller groups:

One Laptop Per Child (OLPC)!
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=65692
Owner: Stephanie Williams, J.D. | 101 members

One Laptop Per Child (OLPC)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=46310
Owner: Pablo Bozo | 12 members

OLPC