[Olpc-open] Fwd: Foot power revisited...

Mike Dawson mikeofmanchester at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 08:58:04 EST 2009

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply - sure enough  it comes back with 3V or so
now...  Dynamo claims to be 12V.  Now it is though related to the rpms
that we are doing - if I changed the gearing / speed then that should
sort it out...

I don't know why I thought the dynamo was DC...  Too long since doing
physics properly I guess...

Would you be able to let me know about what the suitable criteria
might be for a bridge rectifier?  If you have any web link to any
online catalogue that would be great so I can see if we can find that
locally...  Or is it anyway possible to modify the rectifier from a
normal AC brick adaptor to do the job?

Thanks Again,

-Mike