[Olpc-open] Getting paper out of schools.

joanna burgess joanna.burgess at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 14:36:41 EDT 2008

Hi. I'm weighing in on this as a classroom teacher...one of the major
problems with getting rid of paper is the lack of other resources and
 knowledge of open source ed programs like Moodle that would significantly
reduce the number of copies made, and yes...the reliance on software that is
paper based. Teachers have so little time during the day and those not
comfortable with trying new formats tend to stick to what they know, even if
it turns out to me more difficult/expensive in the long run. We're
definitely aware of the waste (and the horrid piles of paper everywhere) and
I often think of all the other things that could be purchased for the kids
if we didn't have to spend so much money on ink and cartridges.
-Joanna