[Olpc-open] Effective Resolution of 984×738 ?

Seth Woodworth seth at laptop.org
Wed Sep 3 08:02:06 EDT 2008

Did anybody see this from Mary Lou back in May?  I sure missed it:
http://pixelqi.com/blog1/2008/05/27/higher-resolution-than-we-thought-the-xo-laptop-screen/

The XO screen has been shown to be higher resolution than we thought.
Michiel Klompenhouwer from Philips Research says the color resolution is
effectively 984×738, even though strictly speaking straight division
indicates color resolution of 692×520 (this is 1/3 of 1200×900 our
black&white resolution). We have been saying for some time that the
resolution is about 800×600, but his new study shows a more exact way of
measuring perceived resolution. Michiel presented an analysis of the
our screen and other display pixel layouts at the Society for
Information Display Annual Meeting this week in Los Angeles in a talk
entitled "Comparing the Effective Resolution of Various RGB Subpixel
Layouts" SID08.

Can someone think of where to document this on the wiki off hand?