[Olpc-open] G1G1 launch parties!

Carol Farlow Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Sat Nov 15 21:37:14 EST 2008

I think public library children's sections, especially around story time and
after school.  Offer to do a special program for after school programs at
public schools, aimed at early graders.  Have a stack of flyers for them to
take to their parents.

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I hear you.  I don't know of anything in LA yet...
> >
> > SF will hopefully have a little something -- Sameer, what do you
> > think?  update us after your meeting tomorrow :-)
> >

> We had our meeting today. Will post slides and photos in a bit.
> Nothing planned for a release party as yet...just got off the plane
> last night and still jetlagged. Here are some ideas:
>
> 1) show up at their neighborhood Starbucks and Borders stores in
> groups toting their XOs :-)
> 2) Take your XO with you wherever you go. To the restaurant, movie,
> the park, etc.
> 3) still thinking...
>
> Sameer
>
> > SJ
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Thom Uber <uberthom at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Looking for ANYTHING in Los Angeles
> >>
> >> On Nov 14, 2008 11:37 AM, "Samuel Klein" <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> This is the weekend for G1G1 launch parties around the world.
> >>
> >> DC and SF are having regularly scheduled meetings (though I don't know
> >> what they are doing sunday night -- come party with us!), and here in
> >> Cambridge the Boston-area OLPC community are hosting a Ground Zero
> >> G1G1 party, to celebrate the birthday of the 567,890th XO and the
> >> one-year anniversary of the xo giving program.
> >>
> >> It seems we've just grown out of the original venue planned for the
> >> event, so I'm doing a quick check to see who will be in town and
> >> interested in a little Pantone 361-tinted celebration, to help reserve
> >> a suitable place.
> >>
> >> If you are
> >> * going to be within 100km of Cambridge this Sunday
> >> * considering coming to our party
> >> * no longer on the FBI's Most Wanted list  (we don't want to get shut
> >> down again)
> >>
> >> Please send me an offlist email with "G1G1 party" in the subject line,
> >> the # of people you'd be bringing, and your probability of attending.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> SJ

"Don't think for a minute that power concedes. We have to work like our
future depends on it."  -- Barack Obama