[Olpc-open] Dissolution of the NGO OLPC Nepal - Lessons?

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu May 8 13:34:38 EDT 2008

George Pope wrote:
> FW: Dissolution of the NGO OLPC Nepal [but not the OLPC
>       community	in Nepal] (Bryan Berry)
>
> Problems operating in poor countries. Cautionary lesions for us in this? - when convenient please share with us.
>
> george pope
> san mateo california

Yes, lessons learned would be very important, but I would not focus only
on poor countries. We, here in the US, have plenty of organizational
and managerial issues. In fact, as Bryan pointed out, dissatisfaction
with OLPC organization in Boston, was one of the reasons that brought
about the dissolution and that organization is here, in the US!

Rich or poor, people will disagree when they can. We all have different
perceptions as to how this project should proceed. Hopefully, time will
bring about some stability.

On another note, since you indicated that you are in San Mateo,
California, are you on the OLPC-SF list?