[Olpc-open] XO laptops and video

Clare Richardson clare at girlstart.org
Thu May 1 16:57:02 EDT 2008

I agree that it's important for kids to be able to do all they want to do on the laptop! :) YouTube is quickly becoming not just for fun, but a classroom tool as well.

It's my understanding that while the XO laptop does not ship with the Adobe Flash plugin (which is required for playing YouTube videos) because it is proprietary software, you should be able to install it yourself:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Flash_Player
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Adobe_Flash#Installation

I confess I've never tried it on ours though!

Clare Richardson
Technology and Program Coordinator
Girlstart
www.girlstart.org
512.916.4775
512.916.4776 fax

Scrub in, Broadcast news, Unmask mysteries!
Don't miss Summer Camp 2008: www.girlstartcamp.org