[Olpc-open] Flash content for OLPC

Nagarajan Vadivel radius.consultancy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 13:01:34 EDT 2008

Hi,
Thanks for the detailed comment on my views which helped me to learn your
views.  AS far as opinions are concerned there is no right and wrong
opinions.  Thanks for making me to understand that OLPC is wedded to 100%
free software and the space is not opened to business.  A small group at
OLPC and the students of the world will train the world.  There will be no
teacher training and there will be no hardware support maintenance.  There
will be no place for powerful hard drives and servers.
The dream of reaching the world's poorer children will be realized and
materialised by open source free software.
If this is the view about OLPC then I understood the point.
When I was a research student in 1970s and after I became a professor I
learnt and taught my students Marshall McLuhans medium is the message.
When I saw the bottom line of your mail you said
I worked in educational technology for 30 years both in open source and
commercial software.  Based on my experience I believed that the need of the
hour for OLPC is to adopt the best from business.
Nagarajan

--
visit : www.radiusconsultancy.com www.radius.in www.elearning.edu