[Olpc-open] Photo licensing help?

Clare Richardson clare at girlstart.org
Tue Mar 18 12:25:16 EDT 2008

Can anyone tell me if royalty-free images and photos are OK for use on the laptop?  I've read the OLPC licensing statement, but I'm unsure if royalty-free licenses fall under it.  We're considering paying for subscriptions to these two services:
http://www.istockphoto.com/license.php
http://www.clipart.com/en/company/terms#license

We have high school girls developing educational games for the laptop, and finding art we can use is the biggest frustration (more frustrating than teaching them programming!).  We've asked for art donations from graphic artists, but many have suggested purchasing royalty-free art subscriptions.

Thanks!
Clare

Clare Richardson
Technology and Program Coordinator