[Olpc-open] Moodle as OLPC Server

Nagarajan Vadivel radius.consultancy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 22:22:24 EST 2008

Hi Martin & Sulochan,
Thanks for your reply.  Before making any comments I wish to answer your
last question.  Yes I will be happy to work on Moodle for OLPC server.
So far as the other elearning framework, I suggest you to try DOCEBO.
I have experience in working on Docebo and in the process of setting up a
Moodle server at
htttp://docebo.elearning.edu
The fit in these two technologies are different.  While Moodle is modular,
Docebo uses tree structure.  Moodle is lean on GUI, void of keeping
individual portfolio and content repository
Docebo does have CMS, LMS and KMS (knowledge management system)
My concern is that how the School server will be deployed particularly
installing LAMP for Moodle
Moodle issues are its demand for higher memory (4GB), higher speed and
higher server space
Right now I setup Fedora 7 n one server with LAMP under XAMPP and uploaded
OLPC XS in another machine.  XS poses problems in configuring the LAMPP
components
My suggestion is to setup Moodle server in a USB flash drive (8GB) for each
teacher or providing Moodle in an external HDD of 160 GB
This will server the requirement at the school mesh networked learning
environment
I also plan to have the rack space with powerful Moodle servers for internet
access
I will be happy to know your thoghts since i have done work on the USB based
Moodle servers for each teacher and even students where they can store their
content and they can access internet from the USB
Nagarajan

--
visit : www.radiusconsultancy.com    www.radius.in    www.elearning.edu