[Olpc-open] Moodle for School Server and Content

Nagarajan Vadivel radius.consultancy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 13:06:01 EST 2008

   Hi,
I am Prof.V.Nagarajan from India. I am  familiar with Moodle. I was a Moodle
partner for India.
I am also associated with OLPC from 2005.
I am a keen learner tracking the progress of OLPC project.
Currently I have one OLPC developer machine (gifted by OLPC foundation) and
two OLPC XO machines
I am studying the application of Moodle for OLPC now.
I wish to inform you that as such Moodle does not have a fit for the target
population of OLPC who are in the age group of 6 to 12
Similarly I noted some technical issues on the part of OLPC to work with
Moodle
I have considerable experience in setting up linux and windows servers for
Moodle
Your idea of having a school server with Moodle again will have
configuration problem
I feel that Moodle servers need to be powerful with higher memory, Speed and
server space to maintain the load balancing when many learners use Video and
group work
My suggestion is to have Moodle server in a Flash drive with connection to
powerful web servers.
I tried to setup Moodle in a webserver with demo content and demo online
interactive tools at
http://moodle.elearning.edu with username = student and password = student
I request you to check the functionality of moodle in the OLPC machine and
let me know the issues.
I will be happy to interact with your group to take the convergence of
Moodle for OLPC forward with your help and support
Nagarajan

--
visit : www.radiusconsultancy.com    www.radius.in    www.elearning.edu