[Olpc-open] Suggestion for Terms of Use for content

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Sat Jan 19 20:51:32 EST 2008

While the wiki is the best structure I can think of for organizing content.
We don't have much in the way of content (yet), nor really the groups of
content creators in place (yet).

Content getting uploaded to the wiki doesn't mean that it becomes outward
facing nor a part of a content bundle.  The volunteer editors that will be
collecting these materials from uploads to the wiki (but mostly from other
projects like Librivox and Flickr) will be the ones in control of creating
said packages.  Among those editors, and in the structure of final content
approval, should be moderators.

Ultimately the distribution countries will likely be the ones that decide
what ends up on school servers and what doesn't.
This relates to the Doom conversation I suppose.  While the Wiki is
currently the dropbox for all OLPC, I don't really see it as a recommended
distribution mechanism to target countries.  But I don't know what the
process is going to be for adding content to the school server?

What we can do right now is draw up a set of guidelines for what the
education system in Nepal would consider reasonable.  I'm working on putting
together a collection of Creative Commons licensed images from Flickr (and
wiki-commons) that I would love to have input on, and I would be happy to
draft up guidelines with you.

seth