[Olpc-open] How to? School server implementation

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Jan 19 05:35:20 EST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008, at 1:09 AM, John Watlington wrote:
> The correct way to do this is to work with the Journal to treat the
> laptop as a cache of a larger Journal datastore located on the
> Schoolserver (and beyond, "in the cloud").  Perhaps Ivan can detail
> his vision and we can get other people to help implement it.

The current datastore codebase is hopeless and being scrapped. The new
DS which supports this mode of operation natively was designed during
this week's DS summit (spec to follow for public discussion in the
next 2-3 weeks), and is currently planned to land in joyride as soon
as update.2 is out, targeting full system integration in the update.3
cycle.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org