[Olpc-open] How to? School server implementation

sulochan acharya sulochan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 04:06:57 EST 2008

Hello everyone,
I have some general questions regarding school server implementation. I was
hoping someone with development experience or someone with pilot experience
might have some knowledge on this matter. I am working to implement the OLPC
pilot program in Nepal, and would really appreciate some feedback on these
questions

1. What is the best way to publish/collaborate/save etc  with school server?
Meaning what is the best way for kids to save, retrieve,  and share files
through  a school server? I know moodle is an  option , but is there
anything  else?  Has  anyone tried  a different way to do so? something like
web folders maybe ?

2. Is the active antenna  the same as any wireless router working as an
access point? I should be able to use the same networking features if i use
a wireless router right?

3. What is the range of the antenna by itself? (discarding the fact that the
XO's can relay)

best,
-sulo