[Olpc-open] ENC: Development of applications for children

Manuel Strehl Manuel.Strehl at physik.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jan 9 14:44:16 EST 2008

Hi again,

thanks for the replies!

> Have you been to www.vpri.org
> It is the website from the View Points Research Institute, from Alan Kay.

No, not yet, indeed. It looks good, thank you for the pointer!

> Have you checked out the Human Interface Guide page?

Yes, I did. It was actually one of the links I mentioned.

At our seminar we had lots of guidelines on how to develop for older people (big font, high contrast, no fast movements, explain GUI elements, ...) and methods on how to create software that is useful for the elder (take a look at the UTOPIA project, <http://www.computing.dundee.ac.uk/projects/utopia/>). I'm missing something similar for childrens' software in general and especially (because that's OLPC's main target group) at the publications I found related to OLPC.

Best regards
Manuel