[Olpc-open] Moodle as OLPC Server

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 22:56:30 EST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 7:22 PM, Nagarajan Vadivel <radius.consultancy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin & Sulochan,
> Thanks for your reply.  Before making any comments I wish to answer your
> last question.  Yes I will be happy to work on Moodle for OLPC server.

I used Moodle last year at Presidio School of Management. It is
generally very helpful, but I had two issues.

One is that the Wiki does not lock pages, and if someone saves while
you are editing, it throws away your edits so that you cannot go back
to them and merge your changes into the latest saved version. It
became necessary to edit pages only in external editors.

The other is that Presidio's instructors were posting inconsistent
class assignment information in four different places within Moodle.
Something needs to be done so that changes propagate in an appropriate
manner. Students also had difficulty telling which link to use when
posting homework, and frequently found that homework they submitted in
the wrong place was not received for grading. This requires some UI
analysis and rework.

I would be happy to provide further information.
--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/