[Olpc-open] getting used to the journal

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Mon Feb 11 17:44:29 EST 2008

At Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:08:31 +0100,
Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> Don't know from whom comes the original idea of having a journal-like
> organization of user-produced content on the laptop. If I had to guess,
> I would say Ivan, Eben or Walter.

  And, it is probably worth to mention that NLS had a storage
sub-system called Journal.  That Journal is more like a mix of our
Journal and "Journal publication", but if you read the paper, you see
the relevance:

http://www.bootstrap.org/augdocs/augment-33076.htm

  In the big demo, there is a segment where he seemed to try to revert
to an old version.  The movie is much earlier than the paper, and I
don't know the detail of these differences; but it is fun to see that
the old system had some interesting ideas...

-- Yoshiki