[Olpc-open] we need XOs for haitian pilot in ten days

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Thu Feb 7 23:06:27 EST 2008

Hi,

Waveplace is a non-profit starting an XO pilot in Port-Au-Prince,
Haiti, in ten days. OLPC was going to be giving us laptops, but it
fell through, which is why I'm trying to get twenty XOs from elsewhere.

Your laptop may end up in the hands of one of the most needy children
in the Western Hemisphere.  The school where the laptop will be sent
is run by Susie Scott Krabacher, who has been the Mother Theresa of
Haiti for 15 years.  In fact, a major motion picture is being made
about her life right now, based upon her autobiography:

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Lower-Flight-Mission-Country/dp/1416535144/

You could really help by agreeing to sell us your laptop.  We've only
got ten days to get the laptops to Miami, as we're leaving for Haiti
on Feb 17th.

To see the kids that will get them, watch this video, which we shot
last month:
http://waveplace.com/locations/haiti/

Susie's organization:
http://haitichildren.com/
(click slideshow to see the conditions)

To read an article by Susie from our newsletter:
http://waveplace.com/news/newsletter/web.jsp?id=2

One way or another, we'll be in Haiti in ten days.  Please help us
bring more laptops.
Please pass the word, and if you have a laptop to sell, click contact
on the Waveplace site.

Thank you!

Tim Falconer
Waveplace Foundation