[Olpc-open] Let them have laptops

John Kintree jkintree at swbell.net
Mon Feb 4 11:53:10 EST 2008

On Saturday 02 February 2008 09:05 pm, Sameer Verma wrote:
>  Keep in mind
> that a good proportion of the billion plus people in India (the target
> of the article) are quite well fed. Many of them just don't care about
> the rest.

Understood.  And, I think that many of the people who express opposition to
the XO laptop on the grounds that the $200 apiece could be better spent on
food do not actually care about hungry children either.  I think their real
reason for opposition is they want to maintain the current structure of power
in which a relatively small percent of the population makes and imposes
decisions on the rest of us.
Regards,
John Kintree