[Olpc-open] Massive mesh view?

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sat Oct 20 01:41:36 EDT 2007

  Hello,

  Recently, I talked with some folks who are trying to do promotion of
the give one get one program, and some issues (all are related) came
up:

  - How many users can be shown in the mesh view?
  - If you limit the number of buddys on the view, how do you limit?
  - Are we going to have many (jabber) servers for these buyers in the US?
  - Are we going to have an SNS like community so that (for example)
    a set of friends can have a place to find each other easily?

A senario was that a kid and her niece on the different coasts should
be able to find each other.

I don't know if there is plan for these (for the G1G1 program), but
having an SNS site sounds like a good idea.  The parents will feel
safer if they know with whom their kids are talking.

-- Yoshiki