[Olpc-open] squeaky tales and waveplace vision

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Nov 14 23:18:22 EST 2007

  Timothy,

  I'm just watching the tales #20.  (I admit that I haven't watched
all of them including #19, but...)

  Around 4:30 minutes into the movie, you say something like:
"... unless there some good reasons..., you should always use the
commands for the same object."  Is that because you are using siblings
and have been bitten by the issue?  (I think so.)

  I might be missing what you're explaining around 7 minutes, but you
*can* put the variable "tot11's turnHolder into the place of any
player-type variable (such as the left hand side of "cursor increase
by 1".

  I have no idea what causes the magnification issue.  So strange.

  You have siblings and copies, right?  If so, yes, that could be
hard.  The last issue you have seems to be related to it.

  Perhaps, I'd add a variable to these guys that holds a number, and
each of them compares the number with page5's timeTicks to figure out
what to do.  In this way, the script may be shorter.

  This is great!  I need to watch them all and see the problems
encountered in real examples!

-- Yoshiki

  I, of course, like these cute characters^^;