[Olpc-open] OLPC Linux for ordinary PCs

Bipin Gautam bipin.gautam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 10:24:39 EST 2007

On 2/22/07, Xavier Alvarez <xavi.alvarez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 22 February 2007 07:54, Xan wrote:
> Xa> En/na Ivan Krstić ha escrit:
> Xa> >
> Xa> > Certainly to encourage hacking on it and get people playing
> Xa> > with it outside of OLPC hardware. Our latest builds just
> Xa> > added working Live CDs that you can grab.
> Xa>
> Xa>
> Xa> Where are the location of these live CDs?
> Xa> I'm interested in test these
>
> The link in the wiki
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OS_images#Latest_Stable_Build
> point to
> http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/LATEST-STABLE-BUILD/livecd/

guys, I'll be downloading the live cd in sometime (its in process,
slow internet ;)

bty: does the LIVE CD has support for desktop PC or it just has the
default Csound library? Are sound drivers for desktop PC that comes
bundled with other standard distros integrated in XO live cd or work
needs to be done in this part?

we need sound support for demonstration and to test our activity.

guys let me know if someone has tested it and make it work.

regards,
-bipin