[Olpc-open] OLPC Linux for ordinary PCs

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sun Feb 11 17:55:31 EST 2007

[List readers: please do not send me private mail unless you wish to
discuss something privately; list discussions generally belong on the
lists.]

Liam Proven wrote:
> Right. Ta for the clarification. So in a way it's another desktop
> environment, comparable to GNOME or KDE?

That's mostly correct.

> That's a "no", then, isn't it, really?

Well, you can run the pre-built images for testing purposes with
emulation. Once Sugar is ready to be used full-time, LiveCDs and other
methods should let you run it easily without emulation. In the meantime,
you can run Sugar itself without emulation if you build it yourself, and
we provide tools for that.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D