[Olpc-open] Getting anxious about G1G1 shipping

Carol Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Thu Dec 20 10:36:52 EST 2007

Hi Tom -- I was a first day donor too.  Many day1 folks have received their
machines and more are in transit.  They are being delivered by Fedex ground,
shipped from Libertyville IL from Brightstar.  Fedex will tell you if your
packages are in transit if you call their 800 number and give them your
shipping address.  I have discovered through this means that my four are in
transit to be delivered tomorrow.    Are you on the West Coast?  I am.  It
seems that those have come latest.  You can get more help on the forum
http://olpc.osuosl.org/forum/ or on the irc channels
irc.freenode.net##g1g1(chat) or irc channels
irc.freenode.net#olpc-help.

Merry Christmas!

Carol Lerche

On Dec 20, 2007 5:57 AM, Tom Stewart <laptop at tastewar.com> wrote:

> I ordered two G1G1 XO's on 12 November for my two daughters, as did a
> friend, and aside from the Welcome email, which had this statement:
>
> Our "first day" donors are our highest priority and we are making
> every effort to deliver your XO laptop(s) as soon as possible. We will
> send you an update upon shipment.
>
> neither of us has heard anything. I can see on the "Shipping
> information" page [1] that I should be able to expect them by 24
> December, and that is what I am hoping, but time is running out. I see
> others have received theirs. Are these being shipped out FIFO? Or
> geographically? I know that laptop.org is not a commercial operation,
> and I don't expect all the bells and whistles of order status pages,
> and I don't expect someone to lookup my personal order. But what I
> would like to know is, are you all still expecting to be able to fill
> all those Nov. 12-15 orders (esp. us 1st day orderers!) and get them
> delivered in time for Christmas? Some re-assurance at this point would
> be nice, or an acknowledgment that it ain't gonna happen.
>
> Thanks, and please excuse my holiday anxiety!
>
> [1] http://laptopgiving.org/en/shipping-information.php

"Always do right," said Mark Twain. "This will gratify some people and
astonish the rest."