[Olpc-open] "adopt a child" type programs in G1G1 OLPC areas??

Tom Stewart laptop at tastewar.com
Thu Dec 20 09:07:45 EST 2007

I see that the donated G1G1 laptops "will reach a child in
Afghanistan, Cambodia, Haiti, Mongolia or Rwanda in early 2008." Does
anyone know of any adopt a child type programs that would target the
areas where the laptops are going? We've been considering doing this,
and it would be a nice connection if my kids would be sharing the XO
experience with someone whom the machine was targeted for.

BTW, I always thought that the abbreviation for the "Give One Get One"
program should have been GOGO.