[Olpc-open] I concur :-)

Ed Montgomery edm at rocketmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:02:37 EST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 12:40 AM, James Sayre wrote:
> Some of you may know that a nasty attack on the OLPC
concept was
> written
> by John Dvorak of PCMag and ZDNet recently.

Dvorak is a professional village idiot, and has been
entirely
irrelevant for two decades. I should remind you of
some of his
previous choice bits:

  I concur. Dvorak is a professional idiot (but I
would suggest worldwide, rather than just village
;-)).  I haven't wasted anytime reading PCMag rags for
years, thank goodness (very high noise (ads, bias,
etc.) to signal ratio).

  But unfortunately, he does indeed have a lot of sway
over politicians, academics, etc.  Let's hope the
balance swings in favour of the OLPC eventually, as
the xo now spreads around the world.