[Olpc-open] social-networking site for OLPC?

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 22:30:34 EST 2007

The OLPC community is growing rapidly that it is particularly hard to
find out what others are doing something the thing in complementary or
simply better way.

Wikis are great for collaborating on documents but not for community
management. Chat forums and mailing lists also have limitations.

Perhaps OLPC could benefit from having a social networking site like
Facebook but branded for OLPC?

The service that I am thinking of is Ning  www.ning.com

The best thing about a social network is that it would help members of
the network find other members w/ similar interests and doing similar
work. For instance, I am working on the virtual library for Nepal's
pilot of OLPC. I could use the site to find who is working on a similar
initiative in Brazil or Uruguay.

--
Bryan W. Berry
External Relations Manager