[Olpc-open] Fwd: video documentary formats

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Sat Dec 1 21:23:42 EST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Seth Woodworth <seth at isforinsects.com>
Date: Dec 1, 2007 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Olpc-open] video documentary formats
To: John Kintree <jkintree at swbell.net>

John,

Yes, that would be my job.  Or at least it's supposed to be.  Lionstone and
I are working out a series of guidelines and scripts for encoding.  They
will be stored off of the wiki's page on OGG
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ogg>when finished.

In the meantime, I would be more than happy with advising him and/or
encoding his video for him in Ogg/Theora.  Basically he's going to want to
use ffmpeg2theora, and possibly encode his audio in speex instead of vorbis,
depending on what his audio consists of.

Seth