[Olpc-open] Plato and the Laptop

Jonah Bossewitch mrenoch at phantomcynthetics.com
Mon Nov 20 15:40:28 EST 2006

Here at CCNMTL (ccnmtl.columbia.edu) we are participating in the OLPC
development program. We have the board running recent builds, and are
already exploring running some of our existing software on the platform.

Amazingly, this text based, python simulation actually runs unchanged on
OLPC

http://ccnmtl.columbia.edu/projects/reliefsim/

All this tinkering with the device got me thinking about it, and I
decided to write a midterm paper on the device. It went well enough that
I am probably going to write a follow up of this paper next moth. I am
interested in feedback if anybody has the time.

http://alchemicalmusings.org/2006/11/03/plato-and-the-laptop/

best,
/Jonah