[Olpc-open] Re: Olpc-open Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1

Khaled Hassounah khaled at laptop.org
Fri May 26 11:52:27 EDT 2006

I am not sure where the news is coming from. You have to be careful with
rumors though. As far as I know, there are two sites that are already
selling laptops on our behalf :)

The point raised is an important one though, and it is that interested
developers anywhere in the world should be able to access a close enough
development environment.

The laptop will have an x86 processor, which means that you can run its
software on any x86 computer without needing any special hardware. The
only thing that might be significantly different is the display.
Although even that you could emulate by using the correct resolution.

Khaled

--
Khaled Hassounah
OLPC - http://laptop.org