[OLPC-Oceania] [Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Turn your frequency generator into a super powerful mosquito repeller

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jul 8 02:05:28 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 01:53:22AM -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:

> The article probably also fails to mention that peer-reviewed
> scientific tests of this concept prove it to be useless.
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2906666

I disagree.  Those tests were of 20-70 kHz, not 45-67 Hz.  I've found no
peer-reviewed tests of low frequency sound, but then I don't know where
to look.  Got any ideas?

(I do see another study on NIH showing high frequency sound induced
increased biting rates ... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20618651 )

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/