[OLPC New Zealand] Auckland Testing Summary 15 November 2012

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Jan 6 03:50:10 EST 2013

On 17/12/12 02:58, Daniel Drake wrote:
>> Had Hoiho freeze completely after inserting a USB flash drive.
>
> Was this XO-1.75 or XO-4?
> To diagnose such failures we really need to reproduce them while a
> serial console is connected. I know thats not always trivial to have
> around.

Not reproducible. We've had one laptop freeze completely perhaps every
second session, but never the same laptop so serial consoles aren't
practical. Is it possible to tell if the kernel panicked? Could the
kernel hand control (assuming enough of the kernel is still working)
back to the open firmware for diagnosis?