[OLPC New Zealand] Deployments in Aotearoa

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Fri Oct 19 20:36:16 EDT 2012

Friends,

You might be aware by now that schools in New Zealand are starting to
take part in the One Education programme [1], run by OLPC Australia.
How can we work with the OLPC NZ community to make this more
sustainable? Some ideas include:

  1. work with us to develop and test our One Education OS [2]
  2. maintain the Maori translation [3]
  3. work with schools to better implement the One Education programme

As a not-for-profit, we are very reliant on grass-roots support to see
our community succeed. We've put a lot of effort into the Maori
translation to get it off the ground, but we need local help to keep
it updated. Translation is not difficult and can be done through a Web
page [3].

Next year will see the launch of the XO-4 Touch models in One
Education schools. Your assistance in making the hardware and software
really shine would make a lot of kids happy!

We're looking forward to working with you!

Regards,
Sridhar

[1] http://www.one-education.org/
[2] https://sugardextrose.org/projects/xo-au/wiki