[OLPC New Zealand] [Testing] Testing Summary: 3 March 2012 - Auckland, New Zealand

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Tue Mar 13 05:53:37 EDT 2012

On 13/03/12 20:58, Richard A. Smith wrote:
> If its not too much trouble I'd like to make a special request when
> you do your testing and are going to run off of the battery.  Just
> prior to when you disconnect the external power please run the
> following in terminal or at a VT.
>
> sudo powerd-config =new-pwrlog
>
> This will start a fresh power log.  The reason is that my processing
> tools don't yet cope with the change of state from charging to
> discharging in a single file.  This will start a new file just before
> you switch to external power and make it easy to track the discharge
> power draw.
Unfortunately I really don't think we will be able to do this. Testing
is chaotic enough without having to run some fairly elaborate command
before disconnecting the power. The best we can do is to try to remember
to remove the power after the firmware has (or hasn't) been updated but
before linux starts powerd.
> Thanks. The power logs are useful to me.  Please keep 'em coming.
We still have data from the last testing session on the laptops, I'll
try again to collect it.