[OLPC New Zealand] Testing Summary, Auckland - 16 June 2012

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Jun 18 23:50:37 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:
> Record works, took and viewed high and low quality picture, took and watched high and low quality video, took audio recordings and played back but not sure about quality as the option is greyed out but can be changed by altering it in picture or video mode. Should you be able to see low and high in the audio view? Should the low and high options be enabled in audio?

I don't think quality should be exposed for Photo - there is only one quality.
Quality should only be shown for video.
Filed http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3712

> Rosella (an XO-1.5):
> As reported before, everything is very small on rosella:
> https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-u9RLaA1IhBs/T9vGEwlGJjI/AAAAAAAAC0A/9VeT6WMJne0/s812/IMG_20120616_113209.jpg
> Froze while idle on the screen in the above screenshot. It was idle for about 10 minutes. Power light is on solid and does not go out briefly when you short press the power button

For the smallness issue, I can't really think what would influence
this. You've reproduced this several times (every time?) on the same
laptop, right?
One interesting first diagnosis step would be to take a screwdriver to
your next session and do the following:

1. Flash latest build on rosella, boot once, observe the issue and shutdown
2. Flash latest build on ivy, boot once, shutdown
3. Open both laptops, swap SD cards between ivy and rosella

Does the problem 'follow' the SD card, or does it stay with rosella?

> Whio (an XO-1.75):
> Record takes video but when playing back from Journal it gives error message (previously reported).

Please could you remind me of the earlier report?

> Jukebox gives error “resource busy or not available - gstalsasink.c(689)” … when you try to add audio files from the journal

The next build will revert to an older, more simplistic and more
reliable version of jukebox - please repeat these tests next time :)

> Chart: Tried opening a measure file that I captured but it tells me “the selected object must be a measure file’ Something odd, this was working last time.

Maybe you could share this file if you still have it.

> Maze seems ok . 90 deg rotation leaves some of the maze off screen. When 180 rotation down arrow moves image upwards - anti-intuitive.

Filed http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3713 for the offscreen issue.
Not really sure what to do about the arrow keys issue - its an issue
we'll have in all activities. Will give it some thought.

Thanks for the great testing - looking forward to the next report :)

Daniel