[OLPC New Zealand] [Testing] Testing Summary, Auckland 14 July 2012

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 15 09:08:25 EDT 2012

Hi Tom,

On 15 Jul 2012, at 12:27, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:

> Testing Summary, Auckland 14 July 2012
> Who: Brenda, Fabiana, John, Nevyn, Tom
>
> We tested 12.1.0 build 18 on XO-1.5 and XO-1.75
>
> Nolan (XO-1.75):
> paint - seems ok.
> Physics: get the strange behaviour at the top of the canvas where things don’t show over a band on the top (reported before)

Yes we have been investigating this fir some weeks now, unfortunately seems to be a regression in the hardware graphics driver that is not going to be fixed in this cycle. My best guess is that pygame double buffering is no longer supported by the driver and your observing a vsync related frame redraw that should be happening in the hidden buffer. The blank band will grow as the scene gets more complicated :( Other pygame activities will also be affected (I've seen one mention of someone seeing something similar in Maze).

I've looked to see if there's anything I can do to improve Physics at the activity level, but haven't found any options yet.

Regards,
--Gary