[OLPC New Zealand] [OLPC-AU] Testing Summary, Auckland - 21 April 2012

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Apr 25 21:34:54 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 08:11:32PM -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 22:46 +1200, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> > [...]
> > The openfirmware power log collector did not work on the Australian
> > build, complaining:
> > <buffer at ....>:194: Can???t open directory
> > The /home/olpc/power-logs directory exists. It worked ok on the
> > XO-1.75 and they are attached.
> >

> Just wondering, what firmware is installed in the XO-1.5s? I have
> Q3C02(os883 olpc-updated to os31) installed on one XO and the collector
> works, while on another XO Q3C05(au215) is installed, and the collector
> fails. On the one that fails if I drop to the OK prompt, entering:
> "dir int:2,\" I can see a directory listing while "dir int:2,\home" I
> receive "Page Fault".

Interesting.  This might be fixed.  Could you please try
http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/q3c05jb.rom

Otherwise, I'd like to work with you to gather more data from the "Page
Fault" event, in particular attach a serial cable, and type ftrace at
the ok prompt after the fault.

We can also use the debugger to step through to the point of failure.

(If the problem is reproducible with a deployment build, then I can try
downloading it, but my download budget needs attention and care.  I
generally only download the OLPC builds.)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/